The online conference and exhibition HIMSS & Health 2.0 European Digital Event was held from 7 to 11 September 2020. This is one of the largest European events related to the latest innovative technical solutions in the field of healthcare and healthcare digitalization.
- Artificial intelligence was one of her key topics discussed at the conference. The most important aspects of the use of AI that were discussed by experts, included:
- AI can really improve the lives of patients and the work of medical professionals, but it is important not to overestimate these possibilities and soberly understand that AI is not magic.
- When developing an AI product, the key attention should be paid to the expectations of the consumer and the user; it is important to understand your consumer.
- AI should be aimed primarily at getting rid of routine workload; AI should serve as a physician’s assistant, and not vice versa forcing a doctor to work with AI
- The second important task of AI is to free up time for communication between people: physician and patient, physician and physician.
- It is important to avoid overpromises when offering AI healthcare products. It is better to make some understandable and small tools that solve the real problem on the spot.
- Considering AI as a substitute for a medical professional is wrong.
- The quality of AI products is determined by the quality of the data used for training. It is important to use very diverse data, which leads to improved accuracy and avoids discrimination for AI.
Webiomed project was presented among the developments demonstrated at the Skolkovo Foundation's virtual exhibition stand.
Conference website: https://www.himss.org/event-himss-europe-digital